There are several ways to contribute to the centre. The centre could never do without the tireless effort of so many people that put in their time and qualities to support the intention of the centre. For over 40 years, the centre has been carried by volunteers that help to maintain the buildings and the garden, to organise the activities, to receive visitors, to care for those in retreat and to update the website. Buddhist as well as not-Buddhist volunteers have found their work at the centre to be an enriching experience. Many volunteers have mentioned that working in the centre brings a sense of satisfaction, joy and community. Working together for a higher cause can give a new perspective to your own live and to what you can mean to others.
Furthermore, it is a practice of devotion by being of service to HH the Karmapa which gives great merit to support one’s mediation.
The centre is always looking for help in the following areas:
- Houshold work (eg. cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc.)
- Sewing (eg. flags, silk decorations)
- Garden (eg. weeding, prune, mowing grass, plucking fruits)
- Construction (eg. brick laying, concrete, roofs)
- Plumbing (eg. sanitation, leakage, drainage, gutter)
- Tiling (eg. sanitation tiles, paths)
- Plastering (inside and outside)
- Carpenting (eg. furniture, shelves, construction)
- painting (eg. walls, wood, stupa outside) f
- Artistic painting (eg. statues, restorations, mandalas, calligraphy)
There is the possibility for volunteers to (temporarily) work and stay at the centre free of charge. The centre will support your stay and meals if you are seriously committed to working at the centre.
Please contact us and mention what type of work you could help with.